Frequently Asked Questions
What is In Flight?
In Flight is a mobile app that improves the efficiency of hospitals’ grassroots fundraising efforts in the community. It allows you to plan donor meetings, view location fundraising history, update contacts, take notes, upload photos, track your action items and much more.
We are your on-the-go fundraising sidekick!
How much is the app?
Can my CMN Hospitals volunteers use In Flight?
Can Miracle Parents or my CMN Champion Family use In Flight?
How often will campaign data be updated?
Typically, every 24 hours. For example, Patrice Johnson receives campaign fundraising data from Walmart & Sam’s Club on a regular basis throughout the campaign. Once Patrice submits the data to Mission Control, it will be visible within 24 hours.
Each CMN Hospitals corporate partner has a unique cadence for sending data, so please ask your CMN Hospitals Corporate Partnership Account Director if you have questions!
If you have any specific questions, please check Mission Control and contact your Corporate Partnerships Account Director.
Can In Flight integrate with my hospital's CRM?
How often does the app update?
I'm in Canada-- why aren't my partners showing up?
I'm not receiving my visit summaries. Help!
Ugh! It’s likely that your hospital has an extremely protective firewall, which is great for protecting patient information. Unfortunately, in some cases, it’s also preventing In Flight emails from reaching your inbox. We are actively working to remedy this with our developers.
Outlook users have also noticed that In Flight emails are being sent to unexpected folders. Try adjusting your Outlook settings or checking other folders.
Can I find my notes or photos through Mission Control?
Can I use hashtags with my photos?
Yes! Once you’ve taken a photo in the app, you can personalize the image with a hashtag. To help identify your image, best practices for hashtags include: Partner Name, Store #, Cashier Names and Campaign Title. Have other ones? Let us know as Ashley@PwrdBy.com.
You can easily search by hashtag from the In Flight widget in Mission Control, which helps sort, organize and identify your photos.
The CMN Hospitals balloon won't stop bouncing!
Any tips for getting the best photos?
We love seeing you in action! Here are a few recommendations on improving the quality of photos you take with In Flight:
- Close-up subjects are best, don’t zoom or the quality will decline
- Hold down a spot on your viewfinder to lock focus and prevent blur
- Use the In Flight Photo tagging feature to track identifying details (e.g. campaign name, employee’s name). You can search by Tag in Mission Control
- Set your camera settings to take medium or high-resolution photos. For iOS and Samsung devices.
- Trade shots of check presentations and people-less displays for:
- Close-up details of children with CMN Hospitals gear
- Employee (s) holding a miracle balloon with their brand logo visible
- Candid shots of employees handing a balloon to a customer.
- Close-up of a child holding a miracle balloon in front of the store.
- Action shots with high-fives, handshakes, cheers, laughs, etc.
- Simple, minimalistic photos appear best on social media
- Shoot in natural light. If you’re in a store with fluorescent lights, try the Juno or Clarendon filters on Instagram.
- Take photos from different angles, shooting from a lower angle helps incorporate foreground objects